Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Buyer Position, LifeNet Health, VA Beach
The LifeNet Health mission is simple: Saving Lives. Restoring Health. Giving Hope. Its mission,
along with its core values of safety, quality, innovation and service continue to create an unmatched
record in transplant solutions, which cannot be achieved without talented, dedicated team members
who share the same values and attributes that guide the LifeNet Health team every day.
If you have a commitment to customer care, quality and innovation as well as integrity and passion,
then you’ve come to the right place.
We are currently seeking a Buyer II to join the LifeNet Health team in our Virginia Beach, VA location.
As a Buyer II, you would be responsible for purchasing and negotiating supplies, equipment, and
services from suppliers. Evaluates quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
You would be expected to perform all tasks assigned to you, including but not limited to:
• Conducts and supervises the purchase of medical supplies, packaging, equipment, office
supplies, and services for company use in a manner that the maximum value will be obtained
relevant to FDA, ISO, AATB, and other relevant industry standards through the use of short and
long term agreements while meeting customer needs.
• Monitors routine performance of electronic procurement systems and systems contracts. May
also be required to maintain PCard programs.
• Seeks opportunities for cost savings though spend analysis, conducts bid process for assigned
categories, and makes recommendations to Purchasing Agent for continuous improvement
• Conducts daily verification of Inventory Management effectiveness, including Safety Stock alert
resolution and risk assessments.
• Responsible for working with IS group to implement minor configuration changes, PUR Master
Data. Lead for system management including changes to MM SAP process, roles, users,
• Monitors supplier performance based on various criteria. Identifies and resolves various supplier
issues in a timely and effective manner and establishes plans to eliminate or reduce negative
impact and prevent recurrence.
• Bachelor’s Degree in supply (chain) management, business administration, engineering,
operations, or related discipline.
• Certification from the Institute of Supply Management. Obtained within 2 years after Hire Date
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification or similar certification related to continuous improvement and
process measurement preferred.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in modern procurement, including use of materials management
• Experience in use of Procurement Systems / Source-to-Pay systems preferred.
• Have 1 or more years operating in regulated industry, especially FDA-based preferred.
Get to Know LifeNet Health:
LifeNet Health, headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is the largest nonprofit organ procurement
organization (“OPO”) and tissue bank in the United States, as well as a leading innovator in
transplantation research and regenerative medicine. LifeNet holds the longest running current
accreditation by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB). Its goal is to improve the quality of
human life through the provision of organs and tissues for transplantation, as well as innovation in the
fields of bio-implants and regenerative medicine, and to serve the community with educational and
support services that enhance the donation process.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance